Ad Gloriam Dei

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." - 1 Corintians 10:31

"Let us pursue the things which make for peace and those by which one may edify another"- Romans 14:19

"As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." - Proverbs 27:17

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Against Modalism 12: The Father and the Son both Dwell in the Believer

John 14:23
Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

Here we see both the Father and the Son making there home in the believer. Clearly this is not the humanity of the Son, for man's spirit is finite, so it must be His divinity, and yet both the divinity of the Son and the Father make their home in the believer. (We also know elsewhere that the Holy Spirit dwells in believers.)

This shows that the Son and the Father are distinct, divine persons.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Todd said...

I like your blog. I just came across it as I googled a quote by Dabney on conservatism. You had it listed a few years ago.

I will bookmark you and come back often. Keep up the good work.

A fellow pilgrim,

TW

Sunday, June 01, 2008 2:48:00 am  
Blogger Timothy Davis said...

Todd, thanks for the encouraging remark. Have you read Pilgrim's Progress?

Sunday, June 01, 2008 2:36:00 pm  
Blogger Todd said...

Yes I have read Pilgrim's Progress. Thus the name for my blog! Not too many readers get the connection. They think I have named it after the magazine.

Are you really in Northern Ireland? I will be close in 2 weeks. (London, but only for an 8 hour layover.) I hope to see Spurgeon's church, but don't know if I will be able to swing it.

I am heading to Dubai to check out a job.

Monday, June 02, 2008 1:27:00 am  
Blogger Timothy Davis said...

Yes, I'm in NI. Pilgrim + Vanity Fair = Pilgrim's Progress.

I read an article yesterday about Dubai. Be careful as their police are very strict. Which can be a good thing, but justice isn't always their concern. Moreover Muslim countries can be dangerous places for true Christians.

Saturday, June 07, 2008 8:18:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home